VEGAN TOFU NO-EGG SALAD
The best egg salad ever, sans eggs! This version is made with diced up tofu and crunchy veggies in a creamy base of vegan mayo, Dijon mustard and a bit of tahini for a delicious and healthy vegan no-egg salad.
Recipe type: Salad, Sandwich
- ¼ cup vegan mayo (or more, if you like)
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- pinch turmeric (optional, for eggy color)
- 1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained, patted dry and diced
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish (or finely dice a dill pickle or two)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir mayo, Dijon mustard, tahini, vinegar and turmeric together in a medium bowl. Add tofu, relish, parsley, celery, carrots and scallions. Gently stir until fully blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in sandwiches, wraps, or atop a bed of greens.
- Courtesy of ConnoisseurusVeg