- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (dry, not oil-packed)
- Salt to taste
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Thin the mixture with a few splashes of water if needed.
- Add the olives, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes to the bowl and pulse until everything is well chopped and fully incorporated into the hummus. Season with salt to taste, and serve.